How to Download American Truck Simulator for Android
American Truck Simulator is one of the most popular and realistic truck driving simulation games available on PC. But did you know that you can also play it on your Android device? In this article, we will show you how to download and install American Truck Simulator for Android, as well as some tips and tricks to make the most out of your mobile gaming experience.
What is American Truck Simulator?
American Truck Simulator is a game developed by SCS Software, the same studio behind Euro Truck Simulator 2. It was released in 2016 and has since received many updates and expansions, adding new trucks, states, landmarks, and features. The game lets you drive various models of American trucks across the USA, delivering cargoes, earning money, and building your own trucking company.
Features of the game
- Drive highly detailed truck models officially licensed from iconic truck manufacturers.
- Customize your trucks with cabins, chassis, paintjobs, tuning accessories, and more.
- Travel across diverse landscapes and environments, from sunny California to snowy Colorado.
- Visit famous landmarks and attractions, such as the Golden Gate Bridge, the Grand Canyon, and Mount Rushmore.
- Follow realistic traffic rules and regulations, such as speed limits, traffic lights, tolls, and weigh stations.
- Deal with dynamic weather conditions, day and night cycles, fatigue, fuel consumption, and damage.
- Choose from a variety of cargoes and trailers, from food to machinery to hazardous materials.
- Negotiate contracts, hire drivers, buy garages, and expand your trucking empire.
- Compete with other players online in leaderboards and events.
- Enjoy a rich soundtrack featuring country, rock, and blues music.
Requirements and compatibility
To play American Truck Simulator on PC, you need a Windows 7 or newer operating system, a dual core CPU with at least 2.4 GHz, 4 GB of RAM, a graphics card with at least 1 GB of VRAM, DirectX 11 support, and 4 GB of free disk space. The game also supports Mac OS X and Linux platforms.
To play American Truck Simulator on Android, you need an Android device with at least Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or newer operating system, a quad core CPU with at least 1.5 GHz, 2 GB of RAM, a graphics card with at least OpenGL ES 3.0 support, and about 1 GB of free storage space. The game is compatible with most Android devices, including smartphones and tablets.
Why play American Truck Simulator on Android?
If you love truck driving games and want to enjoy them on the go, playing American Truck Simulator on Android is a great option. Here are some of the benefits and challenges of playing on mobile devices.
Benefits of playing on mobile devices
- You can play anytime and anywhere you want, as long as you have your device with you.
- You don’t need a powerful PC or a large monitor to run the game smoothly.
- You can use touch controls or tilt controls to steer your truck more intuitively.
- You can save your progress in the cloud and sync it with your PC or other devices.
- You can access the game offline, without needing an internet connection.
Challenges and limitations
- You may experience lower graphics quality and performance than on PC, depending on your device’s specifications.
- You may have less screen space and visibility than on PC, especially on smaller devices.
- You may have less control options and customization than on PC, such as keyboard shortcuts, mouse sensitivity, and mods.
- You may encounter some bugs and glitches that are not present on PC, such as crashes, freezes, and compatibility issues.
How to download and install American Truck Simulator for Android?
Now that you know what American Truck Simulator is and why you should play it on Android, let’s get to the main point: how to download and install it on your device. Here are the steps you need to follow:
Step 1: Find a reliable source
The first thing you need to do is to find a trustworthy website that offers the American Truck Simulator APK file for Android. This is a file format that allows you to install apps that are not available on the Google Play Store. However, not all APK files are safe and legitimate, so you need to be careful and do some research before downloading anything. Some of the factors you should consider are:
- The reputation and reviews of the website and the APK file.
- The date and version of the APK file.
- The size and content of the APK file.
- The security and privacy policies of the website and the APK file.
One of the websites that we recommend is [APKPure], which is a well-known and reputable platform that provides verified and updated APK files for various apps and games. You can find the American Truck Simulator APK file [here].
Step 2: Download the APK file
Once you have found a reliable source, you can proceed to download the American Truck Simulator APK file to your device. To do this, you need to:
- Open the website on your device’s browser and locate the American Truck Simulator APK file.
- Tap on the download button and wait for the file to be downloaded.
- Check your device’s download folder or notification bar to see if the file has been downloaded successfully.
Step 3: Enable unknown sources
Before you can install the American Truck Simulator APK file, you need to enable unknown sources on your device. This is a security setting that allows you to install apps from sources other than the Google Play Store. To do this, you need to:
- Go to your device’s settings and look for security or privacy options.
- Find the option that says unknown sources or allow installation from unknown sources.
- Toggle it on or check it to enable it.
- Confirm your choice if prompted by a warning message.
Step 4: Install the APK file
Now that you have enabled unknown sources, you can install the American Truck Simulator APK file on your device. To do this, you need to:
- Go to your device’s download folder or notification bar and tap on the American Truck Simulator APK file.
- Tap on install and wait for the installation process to finish.
- Check your device’s app drawer or home screen to see if the game has been installed successfully.
Step 5: Launch the game and enjoy
Congratulations! You have successfully downloaded and installed American Truck Simulator for Android. Now you can launch the game and start your trucking adventure. To do this, you need to:
- Tap on the game icon on your device’s app drawer or home screen.
- Select your preferred language and agree to the terms of service.
- Create your profile and customize your truck driver avatar.
- Select your starting city and truck model.
- Tutorial: Follow the instructions on how to drive your truck, deliver your first cargo, and earn money.
- Career: Choose from various jobs, contracts, and cargoes available in different states and cities.
- Free roam: Explore the map at your own pace, discover new places, and enjoy the scenery.
Tips and tricks for playing American Truck Simulator on Android
To make your gaming experience more enjoyable and rewarding, here are some tips and tricks that you should keep in mind while playing American Truck Simulator on Android:
Customize your controls and settings
One of the first things you should do is to adjust your controls and settings according to your preferences and device’s capabilities. You can access the options menu from the main menu or the pause menu. Here are some of the things you can customize:
- Control mode: You can choose between touch controls or tilt controls. Touch controls let you use virtual buttons and joysticks on the screen, while tilt controls let you use your device’s accelerometer and gyroscope to steer your truck.
- Control sensitivity: You can adjust the sensitivity of your steering, acceleration, and braking. You can also enable or disable steering assistance, adaptive transmission, and cruise control.
- Graphics quality: You can adjust the graphics quality of the game, such as resolution, texture quality, shadow quality, anti-aliasing, and draw distance. You can also enable or disable dynamic reflections, ambient occlusion, and lens flare.
- Sound volume: You can adjust the sound volume of the game, such as music, engine, environment, and voice. You can also enable or disable subtitles and radio.
Use headphones and a controller for better immersion
If you want to enhance your immersion and enjoyment of the game, we recommend using headphones and a controller. Headphones will let you hear the realistic sounds of your truck and the environment more clearly and distinctly. A controller will let you have more precise and comfortable control over your truck, especially if you are not used to touch or tilt controls. You can use any Bluetooth-enabled controller that is compatible with your device, such as a PS4 or Xbox One controller.
Explore different states and routes
One of the best things about American Truck Simulator is that it offers a vast and diverse map of the USA, with different states, cities, roads, landmarks, and scenery. You can explore them at your own pace, or follow the suggested routes and jobs that the game provides. Some of the states that are currently available in the game are:
|California||Sacramento||Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego||Golden Gate Bridge, Hollywood Sign, Disneyland|
|Nevada||Carson City||Las Vegas, Reno, Carson City||The Strip, Hoover Dam, Area 51|
|Arizona||Phoenix||Tucson, Flagstaff, Yuma||Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Meteor Crater|
|New Mexico||Santa Fe||Albuquerque, Las Cruces, Roswell||Rio Grande Bridge, White Sands National Park, UFO Museum|
|Oregon||Salem||Portland, Eugene, Bend||Columbia River Gorge, Crater Lake National Park, Mount Hood|
|Washington||Olympia||Seattle, Spokane, Tacoma||Space Needle, Mount Rainier, Olympic National Park|
|Utah||Salt Lake City||Provo, Ogden, St. George||Salt Lake Temple, Zion National Park, Arches National Park|
|Idaho||Boise||Idaho Falls, Twin Falls, Coeur d’Alene||Perrine Bridge, Shoshone Falls, Craters of the Moon National Monument|
|Colorado||Denver||Colorado Springs, Boulder, Fort Collins||Rocky Mountain National Park, Pikes Peak, Red Rocks Amphitheatre|
|Wyoming||Cheyenne||Casper, Laramie, Jackson||Yellowstone National Park, Grand Teton National Park, Devils Tower National Monument|
|Montana||Helena||Billings, Missoula, Bozeman||Glacier National Park, Little Bighorn Battlefield, Lewis and Clark Caverns State Park|
|Texas||Austin||Houston, Dallas, San Antonio||The Alamo, NASA Johnson Space Center, Big Bend National Park|
|Oklahoma||Oklahoma City||Tulsa, Norman, Lawton||Oklahoma City National Memorial, Route 66 Museum, Turner Falls Park|
|Kansas||Topeka||Wichita, Kansas City, Overland Park||Kansas State Capitol, Monument Rocks, Eisenhower Presidential Library and Museum|
Manage your trucking business and career
Besides driving your truck and delivering cargoes, you can also manage your trucking business and career in American Truck Simulator. You can do this by:
- Earning money and experience points by completing jobs and contracts.
- Upgrading your skills and abilities by spending skill points on different categories.
- Buying new trucks and customizing them with various parts and accessories.
- Hiring other drivers and assigning them to your trucks and garages.
- Buying new garages and expanding your fleet and network.
- Taking loans from banks and repaying them with interest.
- Paying for fuel, repairs, maintenance, tolls, fines, and taxes.
- Balancing your income and expenses and keeping track of your profits and losses.
- Competing with other trucking companies and ranking up in the leaderboards.
- Joining online events and challenges and earning rewards and achievements.
American Truck Simulator is a fun and realistic truck driving simulation game that you can play on your PC or Android device. It offers a lot of features and content that will keep you entertained and engaged for hours. If you want to download and install American Truck Simulator for Android, you just need to follow the steps we have outlined in this article. You also need to be aware of the benefits and challenges of playing on mobile devices. And finally, you need to apply some tips and tricks that will help you improve your gaming experience. We hope you found this article helpful and informative. Now go ahead and enjoy your trucking adventure!
Here are some of the frequently asked questions about American Truck Simulator for Android:
Q: Is American Truck Simulator for Android free?
A: Yes, American Truck Simulator for Android is free to download and play. However, you may encounter some ads or in-app purchases in the game.
Q: Is American Truck Simulator for Android safe?
A: Yes, American Truck Simulator for Android is safe to download and play. However, you need to make sure that you download the APK file from a reliable source. You also need to enable unknown sources on your device before installing the APK file.
Q: Is American Truck Simulator for Android updated?
A: Yes, American Truck Simulator for Android is updated regularly with new features and content. However, it may not be as updated as the PC version of the game.
Q: How much storage space does American Truck Simulator for Android require?
A: American Truck Simulator for Android requires about 1 GB of free storage space on your device. However, this may vary depending on your device’s specifications and the version of the game.
Q: How can I contact the developers of American Truck Simulator for Android?
A: You can contact the developers of American Truck Simulator for Android by visiting their official website, Facebook page, Twitter account, or YouTube channel. You can also send them an email at email@example.com or use the feedback form in the game.